Monday, November 03, 2008

Yearning to get away

Slm..
I noticed something about me that I never realized before..and I am unsure what it means to me as a person...

It's like this: If the actions/words or anything of another person hurt me, my family or my friends then I'll be prejudiced to react negatively to this person or anything associated to that person.

Basically, if I don't like you then anything you do, say or write would get the same treatment. I won't give it my time of day to even consider what's coming from you might be right or make sense. You could be forwarding me cute beneficial emails but I can't stand to read it. You might as well giving me a sermon but I would be suspicious of your intentions. All of it feels hypocritical.

But this only happens when I've given ample time to consider where that person stand. I try to hold a positive view of people: even when all around people say bad things, I stick around and see if it is true and only change my views whenever those things affect me personally. I don't jump to conclusion often, I consciously try to do this because this doesn't come natural to me [constant upgrading of self..huhuhu I am still sadly a beta version, far from complete]. I am, after all, a firm believer of second chances. Even third, fourth or fifth chance if that person deserve it. But anymore than that, sorry and goodbye because you're making a fool of me.
Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me
Does this mean that I am a tad emotional?
Maybe. Or this is just another emotional defense mechanism.

I think this is an unfavorable and potentially damaging trait to have. I stand to lose so much if I let misguided preconceptions lead the way I go through life.
Got to control this!
Leave it all to the Almighty because my small self can't handle it.
This thought alone gives me strength. I leave the matter to Allah as I don't want to think about it.

Right now, I want to finish my project ASAP so that I could get away from here.
Right now, I'm yearning to move on.

No comments: