Saturday, April 18, 2015

Asking through the nothingness

Do you realise that I want to give you everything?
I don't want anything from you except that you allow me to love you.
Sometimes I think you like the idea but I am never really sure. I like to think, with my rose-tinted glasses of course, that you're hurting me intentionally but with the nobility of a fallen hero. A necessary restraint on the heart to avoid a destiny that you think would happen (would it matter if I say it wouldn't? Wouldn't you even give me the benefit of a doubt?)
I am curious about how it would be like to give you everything. Like a blind moth, desiring the flames that would end its life. Maybe you are that to me, a flame that would destroy my being. There is no need for you to apologise for being destructive,  that is your nature. You burn and then you disappear.
You know, we should try it sometime. I promise that when I exhaust myself of giving, I will leave you.
Until that time comes, let me dance in your fire.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got quite a way with words and it's amazing how well what you wrote translates. I might just bookmark your blog, though at the time I was looking for artwork and not words. Happy accidents do happen.

Ice Rose Princess said...

Thank you Michael, although I think that the way you tell me that you "might just bookmark" my blog is as though you're checking whether I am alive or something. And that made me smile. I had an image whereby someone is poking me with one finger and with an unsure tone, asks "are you alive?" :D