Thursday, October 09, 2008

BioMalaysia 2008

BioMalaysia 2008
Kuala Lumpur Convention Center (KLCC)

Great news:
Wanie (one of my labmates) submitted a poster to compete in BioMalaysia as a representative of UiTM, and she won a GOLD medal! hahaha :D Congratulations to Prof Zaki, Dr Teh, Wanie and the rest of the team ;) There's only about 18 medals up for grabs and UiTM managed to bag 2 of them. Power to UiTM! Hahaha
..so don't play- play with UiTM, we mean business ;)

My role in making this dream a reality is just as one of the booth keeper (is that term right? kinda like a zookeeper :p). Anyone, and I mean anyone walk by our booth, then I'll flash them my most briliant smile :)
Other than that, I'm also the self-proclaimed official photographer for the event (at least for my team) eventhough some of the pictures were badly distorted because I didn't use the shake-free function (that's because that function have automatic flash===> the pictures won't look good).
These are some pictures of the event:


...actually during this event I was in shoe hell. My shoes we're killing me! At first I tried to endure it for some time...but it got worse. I was at a point where walking barefoot around KLCC doesn't seem like a bad idea. So I did just that, I removed my shoes and walked barefoot. I just ignored the stares people gave me. After Zuhur prayers, I bought slippers from Guardian Pharmacy and wore that. The stares didn't lessen, but it intensified. I think that was because of the slippers. Those slippers were bright baby blue with bright orange soles...hmm, what d'you expect? those slippers were meant to be worn at the beach, under sunny skies and white sand..not at a modern international shopping complex like KLCC.
But I really didn't give a damn. At least I was out of shoe hell..thank GOD.
When I got back home that night, I was flattened out, limp like a pancake. However, thinking back about it: spending time with my friends and supervisors; I wouldn't trade it for the world :)

No comments: