Monday, May 25, 2009

End of the beginning of the end

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain all!

Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.

He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whomever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
~Rumi
I look at life and I notice that it's filled with new beginnings. Every morning is a new day, every hour a new minute, every Monday a new week. Something is always reborn, begin again. But with all the beginnings, there is always the ending. With all the new beginnings, something must end first, destroyed and be gone to make room for beginnings.
To start over, you must end what you're doing now.
Somehow, in my heart something has ended. An era where the future is all drawn up with sure career paths has now cease to exist. It has died, maybe long before I opened my eyes to realize it.
But as the end has passed like a shadow unnoticed by some, I am here trying to build on new beginnings. I'd hide it, never revealing that something has indeed begun. If I reveal it, there is a chance that storms would crash and end the dream. Leaving me barren.

Every stroke that color your future , the tones that move the present and the hues that stain your past should be cherished and accepted as necessary in building who you are. We are all in His plan: a plan that never goes awry or need change. It is us who have to change in order to accept what was given so that we'll deliver our purpose of existence.

The trials, tribulations and success is by essence a guidance handed down to us.

I'm always fascinated by the fact that on top of managing the universe, moving evolution, overseeing the whole world and filling history in such a way that I arrive to this day; Allah s.w.t still render it worthwhile to create and test me, a miniscule being in comparison to all that He has. To contemplate on that is terrifying. To know in your consciousness that you are never alone. Never.

No comments: