Friday, August 14, 2009

Negative post. Don't read if you're irritatingly happy

But this is our ungodly hour
I know you're leaving now
Cause I held on to my way tightly
Stay still until you know
Tomorrow finds the best way out is through

Ungodly hour, The Fray

All day today and possibly a part of yesterday there is something I need to let out.

All the irrepressible feelings: desperation, confusion, angst, (un)satisfaction, rebellion. All rolled into one and burning like peat fire. Invisible but deadly and hard to put out.

I will go down burning. I know this for a fact.

Trapped by injustice, how I long to get away.

The road ahead is still long and I will bear these scars until I can rest.

The mountain shows it's scars, "These are made by wind and water. Unmerciful assailants of my strength and I fear that I am spent"

The moon looks on pitifully, " Have heart, you are still here. All of them can't erode what's inside. The scars are all but patterns that shape who you are. But don't let them take over you, or you'll just be a pile of rubble"

Look on, look on.

Hold on, hold on.

Let them drown in their desires.

Let you drown in yours.

Let them laugh loudly with their false pretenses.

Let you smile secretly at your success.

Remember, no one defines you but you. Seek your own and slowly cleave away. Forgive yourself and forgive them because by extension you'll bring peace to your soul and strength to your being.
Fools are mean because they're ignorant.
Mindless retaliation would only supply them ammunition.
Don't sink so low, rather try to fly high.
Changed perspective is all that would color our monotonous lives.

So now, pick sides. But don't blame me if you lose.

No comments: