Sunday, December 19, 2010

Red race

Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!
~As said by the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll)

I'm now in the lab on a beautiful Sunday, doing a total of 600 PCR reactions since yesterday. Plus, next week my supervisors want to meet all the students for progress report.
Aiyo.I'm kinda worried, because although I think that I've done quite a lot, it is not as much as I would like it to be. There is a dire need for speed here. I'm feeling like I'm running until I'm red in the face on the treadmill but I'm not getting anywhere near to what I want.
But, if I slow down then the treadmill will still go on and make me trip and fall off the race with a bleeding head and a bruised ego to boot. So there is never really an option of slowing down. I'm not keen on taking the option either even if it exist.
Ok, the thesis aside, I have some hard questions that keep nagging at the back of my head. One time I thought I'm over it but then something happened and voila! I'm stuck with my hard questions again. However, the questions and threads of thought are currently tangled up together like an impossible knot. At first glance, there is no hope of unraveling them but in time I'll sort them out.
For now, let's just focus on this thesis.

No comments: