Monday, June 20, 2011

Let's talk

Talk (alternate version) ~Coldplay

Under the great north star
Try to work out where you are
In the silence of the sea
I don't know where I've been

In the future, in the past
Going nowhere much too fast
When I go there go with me
When I go there go with me

'Cause I don't know where I'm going but I wanna talk
I feel like I'm going where I've been before
And I wanna talk

Take a picture of
Something that you're not sure of
Bring it back to show me
But I don't know what I see

In the future, find a home
Getting nowhere on your own
Got to find your missing piece

'Cause you don't know where you're going but you wanna talk
You feel like you're going where you've been before
And nothing's really making any sense at all
You'll tell any one who'll listen that you feel ignored
Let's talk, let's talk
Do you wanna talk?

I'm up in the part of the throne
I'm trying to sing a song
In a language I don't speak
I try but I cant get through
I'm trying to get to you
But you're difficult to reach

Won't you talk to me....

So you don't know where you're going but you wanna talk
You feel like you're going where you've been before

Let's talk, let's talk ...
Let's talk, let's talk .


I have a need to talk to someone. This song is so fitting.
But as you very well know, spoken words do not come easy for me. I always say it wrong or I feel that what I want to convey don't get through. Or I would feel it inappropriate to tell and discuss about me when each person have bigger things in their mind. So many other things, and to take their time is a tad too much.
I hate becoming an inconvenience.
And so I am silent.
There is a lot in silence.
Silence is not empty, it is so filled with shadows of meaning that there is no space left for words.
But at this very moment, I wonder whether it is possible for another person to exist who would have the time and the desire to hear me out.
There is so many things that have to be talked over, thought over and acted upon.
I don't know...but I feel that these decisions are big and important to me. Maybe for others it is nothing and the decisions should be clear cut.
So I wonder why it keeps jamming my consciousness, making me fear the future. This should be easy. Just finish this thesis then go get a job. Simple.
Maybe it is not the decisions after all. Maybe its just the implications of my decisions is what is haunting me. The thought of standing and walking on my own two feet into the great unknown, alone navigating uncharted waters. It is exhilarating and daunting at the same time.
The time will finally come when I really have to take that step, out of what I already know and am beginning to have enough of. After that first step, a second step would follow and another until the end.
InsyaAllah, until the end.

No comments: