Friday, September 25, 2015

A cup of Java with a dash of complicated

I heard from someone that you're a coffee lover.
And so I thought, why not we enjoy it together?
I was happy, even looking forward to it.

But you second guessed me and asked me difficult questions like, "Why do you love coffee?" Or "Why do you want to drink coffee with me?" Or the hardest of them all, "After coffee, what next?"
I was dismayed and sad, because I don't really want to think of all the answers.

I just want a cuppa, remember?

And I just thought that having it with someone else would be nice.
We could talk about the weather,  share on how was our day, talk about the world and see whether we could come up with some solutions. Simple, beautiful, no strings attached.

But now, as I sit here in the familiar ambience of a coffee shop with a steaming cup in my hand I thought to myself, "Oh well. Enjoying this coffee alone is not the worse thing that can happen" while sneaking a glance at the door from time to time; searching for your smile.

No comments: