Thursday, June 19, 2008

Storm by Lifehouse


How long have I been in this storm?
So overwhelmed by the oceans shapeless form.
The waters getting harder to tread
With these waves crashing over my head.

Chorus:
If I could just see you, everything would be alright.
If I could see you the darkness would turn to light

And I will walk on water, and you will catch me if I fall,
And I will get lost into your eyes
And everything will be alright, and everything will be alright.

I know you didn’t bring me out here to drown,
So why am I ten feet under and upside down.
Barely surviving has become my purpose
’cause I’m so used to living underneath the surface.

Chorus

And I will walk on water and you will catch me if I fall
And I will get lost into your eyes
And everything will be alright
And everything will be alright.

.....what's with me and love songs nowadays?
Listening to this song, I suddenly remembered someone from my past...
I've tried to rationalize that liking someone when you're just 10 years old is just tricks of puberty, just part of growing up.
But how come I still remember him? It's been close to 14 years...
I should just forget it.
I know that nobody has the ability to read minds..there is no way for him to know.
I am now 24 years old but still I am stuck in this infatuation like a teenager.
Pathetic?
Maybe.
You could say that because you're not in my shoes.
Just because of that, you do not have the privilege to pass judgment.

No comments: