Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future ~Oscar Wilde

Have you been to a store, and saw the shining apples?
It has the shade of the darkest red, plump and promise to be the most juicy, sweet and delicious apple you've tasted in all your years on this earth.
However, reaching into your pockets, you realize that you can never taste those apples as you don't have any money to pay for them, if you go on buying, there'll be hell to pay. As you contemplate whether it is worth it to buy those apples, you notice at the corner of your eye that someone else also noticed those apples. But unlike you, stuck in your hesitation, that someone just go and grab those apples and paid the necessary price to the fruit seller.
How your heart is crushed, wrenched by watching something slip by so easily. What's more, the apple buyer decides to rub it in by taking a bite in front of you. Oh, how you wish you can punch him.
As you stand there imagining various ways to get back at him for cutting in, a distant exclamation clawed through the haze of your discontentment, "Oh, those apples were not that sweet anyway" he said while leaving the store with a bag full of apples.
You just stare at him, disbelieving your own ears and your eyes follow him until he's out of sight.
.
.
.
I have a weird question. What if you're the apples?
Ha! Surely that never crossed your minds. You thought I wanted to talk about the slow decision maker that was left high and dry because he was too slow to take what he wanted?
Sorry, but I'm concerned more with them apples :p

OK, so once more: what if you're the apples?
Regaled as the most beautiful, the most sweet, the most revered. You are the embodiment of everything good, that you can do no wrong. That anyone who got your attention is surely a lucky fool.
But then, suddenly you slip. It turns out that you, the living sunshine, also have your own darkness too.
How frustrated your worshipers would feel. How wretchedly rejected you would feel.
But all along, you were just being an ordinary apple. It was not you yourself who put you on a pedestal.
Is it your fault?
You have tried your best, to be all that you can be. Always searching for ways to better yourself, to inch nearer to visions of perfection. Isn't that what all of us should do? None of us is born perfect, all are tainted. What we have to do is try to cleanse ourselves, striving to be better. So it shouldn't be that big a surprise that humans are no angels.
For me, I think the burden of being a beautiful apple is too much to bear. I'd rather be an ordinary banana (bad joke, I know :p). I am just an ordinary human, trying very hard to make something out of myself. So don't be so frustrated that I don't live up to your expectations. Living to mine is hard enough.
So let's just accept the reality of our imperfections and try to complement each other in living this life. Maybe we'll fare better in the end by being together ;)

* I'm writing this in response to an old friend that said to me, "Kau berselindung disebalik lurus". I feel like it's a serious accusation, as if I am hypocritical in leading my life. It is true that I search for space to better myself but I've never hid behind a facade. What you see is what you get. No more, no less.

4 comments:

fadil said...

camana klau yang membeli epal tu..dia tak makan pun epal tu,tp dia buang ajer epal trsbt?

apa perasaan kita bila kita tahu yang dia wat camtu utk sengaja tunjuk2 kat kita?

baru tahu akhirat tu penting.setiap kebaikan akan dibalas kebaikan.

dan setiap amal buruk,pasti ada balasan.takper la tak dpt epal,makan pisang oun ok aper.lebih banyak glukosa aper.hahaha

just my 1sen 1malaysia.

'Aini said...

it's not my fault if he doesn't like me as "not tht sweet anyway" apple! they are plenty of ppl out there who likes me as "not tht sweet anyway" apple, u knw <-- to the guy. so, pls walk away.

Ice Rose Princess said...

fadil
- org tu mmg teruk. janganlah semata2 membuktikan ego, sanggup menzalimi epal tu. Kalau xnak, go away n make room for other people. Bukan dia seorang saja yg mampu membeli epal

'aini
- true, true! the apple won't lose its worth just by not being bought by an unappreciative guy

'Aini said...

response to ur comment to fadil:
btol3x.. ego tu apalah sgt. jgn sbb ego, jd org yg tak berhati perut dan rugi. if u dun prefer it, act like one.