Sunday, February 21, 2010

Elephant in the fridge



Can you fit an elephant into a fridge?
Definitely yes, if it's big enough.
But if it is so clearly not, then why are you so adamant in placing the elephant in there? Go, search for a zoo or something. Why are we even considering this in the first place?
Hmmpph :(

I can never stop wondering why we people like to insist in fitting enormous things into little containers.
Our mind is limited, but we talk as if it is boundless and judge others that differ from us as deviators from the true path.
Things are often bigger than who we are, bigger than all the world put together.
For me, leave the unanswerables to time. If you were meant to know, then eventually you'll know. I just mind my own step, hoping to God that I don't slip and fall down on my face to the mud.
.
.
.
On the "Allah" issue, I think that even if in the Quran here's nothing to bar non-muslims from using the term, maybe we should look at it using a local perspective. Mind you, I am just stating my views and there's nothing for any of you to shout about. Islam, after all, is easy and is always peaceful. So what is the most peaceful route?
Using a local setting, maybe the best way is to preserve the use of "Allah" to Muslims only as it would (I think it would, anyway) disturb the peace of the country.
I know other faiths use the term freely in their country, in their setting. But, try looking at the local scene? The same cannot be said here.
However, I actually do not agree to the stance that we should preserve the use of the term because we fear that people will confuse their God and become infidels.
I doubt people now are that flimsy. If they are, then we really do not need them in our faith because there is no force for anyone to stay or go out of Islam. Our strength is not in numbers, but by the solidness of our faith.
I only want to preserve the use because it would retain the peace.
So, please stop trying to fit the elephant into the fridge? It won't fit. Just try and think where to put the elephant into the proper place so that we can all go on with our lives.
*************************

I was just browsing through the endless articles on the web and it hits me that everyone has a perspective, everyone has a point that he wishes to make. All that is well: in the vast universe of the world wide web, anyone can claim a spot as his/her own and they can very well do as they please on that spot. Just as long that it doesn't trample on other's rights.
To do that, is an art you have to learn and will acquire through experiences.
Because I feel that there is no fixed rule to anything. No black or white. Only gradients of grey.
One course of action can be correct for a set of situations but would be totally stupid in another. A diamond can be hiding under slurries of mud and the devil can wear a smiley face.
Nothing is ever what it seems.

No comments: