Friday, June 18, 2010

The opposite of two

What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you. ~Richard Wilbur
There is nobody in the house, they've all gone out somewhere. Initially I planned to dine with my labmates but they were held up at the lab; they have an important discussion with our supervisor. As my tummy was grumbling all sorts of music, I had to go grab a bite and left. I switched to plan B, which was to buy eggs and just cook up something very basic and oh-so-single like an egg sandwich. But then as I pulled my car beside the shop, the hawker stalls lining the opposite side of the street was so inviting that I didn't even resist the temptation. Naturally I switched to plan C: buy food and be the true bachelorette ;)
I bought nasi lemak ayam berempah and 5 sticks of satay (no comments please, I told you I didn't even resist! haha) and it made me happy. Yes, just like that I was happy. As Fazleen always say; "hee..easily pleased!". Ah well, I sure don't need much to put a smile on my face, that is for sure :) But alongside that happiness, I was also kinda sad due to the loneliness of having to buy your own food and eating silently in front of the TV. Maybe because I am so used to eating with the whole family that dining alone is a sharp contrast.
This is the reason why I hate eating on my own, I'd rather not eat. During Samarahan days, I'd wait up for Fizah to come to my room before buying food and eating together afterwards. She'd make fun of me and say, "haha, kesiannya die xde kawan nk ajak makan." Cis kn? But I don't mind, it was my luck that I got a room separated from my friends. Nasib la Fizah sanggup juga layan aku makan, u r the best! If u r a guy I swear I'd marry you hahaha
And so here I am, in front of the tv, blogging nonsense while gathering the will to do some work after this. Gotta keep moving!

No comments: