Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Gotta live like we're dying


Lyrics | The Script lyrics - Live Like We're Dying lyrics

Yes, we got to face it: in this world, no one comes out alive.
Once we've established that fact and everyone understands the impact of it, we'll move on to the next stage: what we're doing with the time we've been given here?
So if your life flashed before you
What would you wish you would've done?
Don't kid yourself that you have so much time, you can't see how many stones of sand are left in your hourglass. Each second, without fail: we're getting older and closer to dying.
It's such a waste for us to just wither out and die, we have so much potential! We can learn everything, we can do anything as long as the heart agrees and the body is able. I've long believed that the world is such a big place to be stuck in one corner.
Wherever we go, whatever we do: God will provide, so why the hesitation?
I've never lost the hope that someday I'll be able to tick off some items on my list. For me, the thing withholding me the most is the unavailability of money to squander on my dreamed adventures and the fact that I am such a coward to go at it alone. So friends, jom? We'll overpower the ones that doubt us by our infallible belief that we can do it haha.
Some of the things on my bucket list (yes, very much like the movie but they did it when they're so old, I was hoping that I won't kick the bucket just yet :p)
  • To handle any machine that flies, with me in it. I've been contemplating to take flying lessons, I don't really care if it's a helicopter or a plane: as long as it flies. Hey, even a hot air balloon is ok :D
  • To play paintball. I've been jealous of the many people who had played. Seriously it'd be liberating to kill someone even with colorful balls of paint haha
  • To ride a go-kart and hopefully a F1 car too. I've been dreaming of this since I was a kid and I can still feel the rush in my dreams as I tackle the bend of the road. Gile hensem! haha
  • To learn diving and have a diver's license. I got this chance when I was in uni but the fee then was out of my means. My ptptn is only for fees only, so xleh la berfoya-foya sangat :P. The closest I get to seeing the fishes up close is when I went snorkelling once in Pangkor. That was truly a dream vacation..
  • To go to Japan, Egypt, Greece and Korea. My friend once told me that the pyramids in Egypt and the Nile aren't all that they are so hyped to be but still, I want to go there! haha
So those are some of the top things in my list. I need some friend who'll go with me! Jom laaaa...we'll do some of the things in your list too ok? I promise ;)

Ok getting back to the song, I'm interested with this phrase:
And if your plane fell out of the skies
Who would you call with your last goodbyes
Should be so careful who we live out our lives
So when we long for absolution
There'll no one on the line
It is good advice not to burn bridges. You'll never know when you have to cross the same river again. So in this life, try to be good to everyone and don't cut the ties until there's no hope of getting back again. What if in the future we have to ask for something from that person again? So forgive, but never forget. However, don't keep those who bog you down. God did not create you so you'll crawl through life. Just play your cards right: you don't have to have everyone like you but you don't need haters either. It's a delicate balance: I'm still working on it myself.

Another thing is to keep your regrets at a minimum, because when you suddenly see yourself at the end of the line you don't really have much time to redo or undo your conduct in life. When you gotta go, then you gotta go. You think the angel of death would stall his schedule just so that you can do that one little thing? Death is happening everywhere so you must understand how busy he is. So spare yourself the trouble and do things while you still can.

Say you love someone even when it hurts and give forgiveness to the ones that hurt you.
Give praise when it's due and criticize only when it helps.
Be the one who build and not the the one who break.
These you do so that you'll be the one to smile and not the one who cries.

p/s: I hope I'm not too thick-headed to take my own advice. C'mon, life don't begin at any number, rather it begins when you want it to :)

7 comments:

Hani said...

kak lisa im in for paintball and sipadan island :P

ouh no wonder lah u drv macho giler. even piyie ckp kaklisa drv sgt machoooo

Ice Rose Princess said...

yeay! so the next thing is to save money==> which is the hardest part haha

masa tu tgh perasan fast n furious :p

Ice Rose Princess said...

btw, kata yg I'm a macho driver, really made my day! :D

'Aini said...

1)bunjee jumping 2) experiencing the zero gravity @ genting... i have been in the place, but dun get the chance since i need to wait until 9 pm.. :D

'Aini said...

and.. i like ur last para.. "Say you love someone even when it hurts and give forgiveness to the ones that hurt you.
Give praise when it's due and criticize only when it helps.
Be the one who build and not the the one who break.
These you do so that you'll be the one to smile and not the one who cries."

one of the thing i learn from my mom's case, dun ever give urself a chance to feel regret. say it right, do it correctly, dun wait and wait..

Ice Rose Princess said...

'aini,
they say that the space hotel would be ready by 2012, so why not experience the REAL zero gravity? Jom!
Now we have to just start saving a couple of million dollars and we're all set to go haha

True, never regret anything and never put off something that u wanna do. We only got so much time until finally we have to say our goodbyes..
May Allah bless ur mom, be strong 'Aini!

'Aini said...

space hotel? sounds like choc cake with choc mud, extra choc chip and choc rice :D yummy! let's go. but, i want to try the one at genting 1st - the skydiving. it's include a certificate :D

when my mom passed away, half of me dies too - the sad, unhappy, negative me - which is good..