Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Of prayers and wishes



The other day after prayers my sister asked me, "what did you ask from God?"
And I told her.
Some people make their wishes a secret because they believe that if it is revealed then it won't come true.
I don't know about that. For me, the more people who know a wish, then maybe for a moment it would resound in their heads for a while. Like a temporary prayer. If the dynamics of making wishes come true works like this then my chances of success would improve when there are many people who knows it, in extension more people are also asking what I want.
Hmm..suddenly I feel like taking advantage of people, using them to make my wishes come true.
If these people know how I took advantage of them, would they suddenly refuse to hear my wishes or even charge me for it? Maybe it'll become a paid service one day: I'll pray for you if you pay me enough.
This exactly the reason why the fact that the connection between subject (you) and Allah has no barriers is so important. To have a mediator would create so many problems. How about if you're shy with your wishes? Or if words fail to convey your meaning? It is not like you can communicate with brainwaves to your mediator. So the best way is to ask directly yourself.
Another reason is that if we are to require mediators for our prayers, people like me who hope for the same set of things every minute of every day would be a bore. People don't have divine patience, this is a fact. Just try this simple test: ask repeatedly for the same thing and in a matter of minutes the retort would be, "I'm trying the best I can, can you just shut up and wait?". The aggressive ones wouldn't care, they'll continue to ask anyway, but the passive ones would back away. It is the same if you're asking for different things, if it comes from one source (you) then you'll wear on their patience. They'll avoid you for sure, "Hide! Here's the person who asks too much". And there you are, running around with something to say but no one to say it to.
Kinda sad, ea?
So I am thankful that I can say things to Allah that were meant for Him only and I know that Allah will not hide from me or move away. It is me who'll hide or run away from Him.
.
.
.
During these times of unresolved issues, some one said to me, "You must listen to your heart. But you must know how to differentiate the whispers of angels from the whispers of the devil."
This is tall order for me, I think they sound the same sometimes!
The boundaries of right and wrong are blurred and the future has never been ours to know. We only have this moment, this brief second. This is actually the defining moment. So, you better make it count.
(p/s: Good luck!)

No comments: