Saturday, December 06, 2008

Home Alone

I am now in the lab.
The mountain of task that await me is so high that it makes my heart heavy to start climbing. So I procrastinate. But things could be put off for only so long, eventually you have to get it done sooner or later.
I might be slow to start, but I'm moving nonetheless ;)

Guess I'll be spending Aidiladha alone this year as the rest of my family have gone to Kelantan.
I am not so sad, I've spent my Raya Qurban away from family before (during my matriculation and also while in Unimas). Furthermore, the decision to stay at home and do my research project is entirely my own.
However, it is still not easy even though I've been through it before. I bid a teary farewell to my family yesterday and I kick myself for doing that. I want them to not worry for me, so in the end I did manage to stop my tears and gave them a great big smile while waving them goodbye (still am proud of myself for doing that :p ) and I could see that somehow they are somewhat relieved after that.
When I told everyone that I'll be alone this raya, most of them pity me. But friends, you need not be. I am fine, truly. I know what I am getting myself into, so don't worry :)
Well Mom did say once that out of all her children, I am the one she won't be worried about if I was stranded on an island haha. Yeah, I am indeed a survivor!!

So now I am alone.
Do you know that when alone, the silence is so loud it hurt your ears?
But life is all about making choices.
I don't know whether it is wrong or right, but it is mine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

SELAMAT MENYAMBUT HARI RAYA KORBAN.

MEMAHAMI ERTI PENGORBANAN NABI IBRAHIM YANG SANGGUP MENGORBANKAN ANAKNYA KERNA CINTA PADA ALLAH

MARDHOTILLAH

:-)

Hani said...

kaklisa,

kumpulan kosong still rocks! hehe

jgn lupe x lame lagi kaklisa nk pass baton to hani. as the president.

tak lame lagi kaklisa boleh jadik member kumpulan penuh pulak :p